Dr. Yerasimos Kyriakides MD ENT
Consultant ENT surgeon
Dr. Gerasimos Kyriakides graduated in September 1994 from the Medical University of Sofia with Honors. In July 1995 after further exams he had the degree recognized as equivalent degree in Greek Universities.
From 1995 to 2002 he worked in hospitals in Larnaca, Nicosia, in Penteli Children’s Hospital as well as at Evangelismos Hospital, while acquiring the required experience in general adult and pediatric otolaryngology. In February 2002 he acquired the title of ENT Dr after written and oral tests in Athens. Since 2002 Dr Kyriakides has been working in the private sector, initially in a private practice, and since 2007 as a member of Aretaeio Private Hospital.
Since pursuing his specialty, Dr Kyriakides regularly follows seminars and conferences relating to this specialty and performs the full range of related routine surgeries such as tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, grommets (ventilation tubes) and microlaryngoscopy (laryngeal polyps) etc
Dr Kyriakides has specialized in Laser surgery in Paris (Prof. Jean Abitbol) and Belgium at the University Hospital of Mont-Godinne (Prof. M. Remacle). So far he has performed many laser surgeries to remove benign and malignant tumors successfully.
RHINOLOGY AND ENDOSCOPIC SINUS SURGERY
Since 1999 Dr Kyriakides has continuously monitored developments in endoscopic surgery of the nose as well as rhinoplasty in specialized centers abroad (Brussels, Ghent, Amsterdam, and United Kingdom). At Aretaeio Hospital he has performed many such surgeries successfully.
MICROSURGERY OF THE EAR – TYMPANOPLASTY
The doctor underwent special training in France and Italy,Belgium and Netherlands conducting various surgeries involving the ear, such as tympanoplasty (hole in the eardrum) and mastoidectomy.
Clinical / Academic Interests:
- LASER SURGERY
- EAR SURGERY
Special Services & Expertise:
- ALL ROUTINE OFFICE EXAMINATION NASAL AND LARYNGEAL FLEXIBLE AND RIGID ENDOSCOPY/STROBOSCOPY, HEARING TEST IN ADULTS AND CHILDRENS, INTRATYMPANIC STEROID FOR MENIERE AND SUDDEN SENSORYNEURAL HEARING LOSS,OFFICE BASE RADIOFREQUENCY FOR ENLARGE TURNINATES AND GROMMETS INSERT.
- ALL ROUTINE ENT SURGERIES (ADENOTONSILLECTOMY,GROMMETS,MICROLARYGGOSCOPY FOR REMOVAL OF VOCAL CORDS LESIONS), RHINOLOGY INCLUDING RHINOPLASTY AND ENDOSCOPIC SINUS SURGERY, LASER SURGERY,HEAD AND NECK SURGERIES.
Endoscopic CO2 laser surgery for large synovial sarcoma of the larynx . S.Papaspyrou, G.Kyriakides, M.Tapis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003 Dec;129 (6):630-1.
- Functional dysphonia in patients with laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (European University, Nicosia, Cyprus 19/4/2012)
- Diagnostic approach and treatment of dysphagia with flexible rhinopharyngolaryngoscope (22 Cyprus Medical Congress,12-13/5/2012,Nicosia)
- Combination therapy- systemic and intratympanic steroid to deal with cases of sudden sensory neural hearing loss (16 PANHELLENIC ENT CONGRESS 2011 ΑTHENS 1-4 DECEMBER 2011)
- Dysphagia in children-FEES or Videofluoroscopy .Σύγκρηση των δύο μεθόδων για πληροφόρηση των γονέων (16 PANHELLENIC ENT CONGRESS 2011 ΑTHENS 1-4 DECEMBER 2011)
- The Safety off Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES), Y.Kyriakidis.5th European
- Congress of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (Rhodes/Kos,11-16 September 2004).
- Alternative Treatment Options in Snoring and Sleep Apnea,Y.Kyriakides-B.Ntrinias-B.Kapralos -E.Mossialos – P.Skordias – S.Papaspyrou. 11th National Convention for E.N.T. Head and Neck Surgery and 2nd International Convention for E.N.T Allergy (Greece, 20 – 23 June 2001).
- Laser CO2 usage for throat cancer, E.Kokkevi – G.Georgoulopoulos – S.Mpotsakis – Y.Kyriakides – P.Skordias – S.Papaspyrou .11th National Convention for E.N.T. Head and Neck Surgery (Greece, 20 – 23 June 2001).
- Surgical Applications of Laser in Otorhinolaryngology, E.Mossialos – A.Theodorou – P.Skordias – Y.Kyriakides – B.Ntrinias – B.Kapralos – S.Papaspyrou.11th National Convention for E.N.T. Head and Neck Surgery and 2nd International Convention for E.N.T Allergy, Endoscopy and Laser Surgery (Greece, 20 – 23 June 2001).
- Surgical approach of paranasal sinus problems endoscopically and microscopically, Y.Kyriakides- B.Ntrinias-B.Kapralos-E.Mossialos-P.Skordias-S.Papaspyrou .11th National Convention for E.N.T. Head and Neck Surgery and 2nd International Convention for E.N.T Allergy (Greece, 20 – 23 June 2001).
- Modern therapeutic treatment of larynx paralysis and dysphonia, P.Skordias-E.Mossialos-Y.Kyriakides -B.Ntrinias -B.Kapralos-S.Papaspyrou at 11th National Convention for E.N.T. Head and Neck Surgery and 2nd International Convention for E.N.T Allergy (Greece, 20 – 23 June 2001).
- Skull base surgical approaches, B.Ntrinias – Y.Kyriakides – B.Kapralos – P.Skordias – E.Mossialos – A.Theodorou-S.Papaspyrou-D.Sakkas-E.Sygkouna.11th National Convention for E.N.T. Head and Neck Surgery and 2nd International Convention for E.N.T Allergy (Greece, 20–23 June 2001).
- Management of epistaxis in patients with bleeding disorders, Α.Τheodorou-V.Drinias-Y.Kyriakidis – S.Papaspyrou .18th Congress of Europian Rhinologic society (Barcelona,25-29 June 2000).
- Cancer of the ear canal. Surgical treatment, Y.Kyriakides-G.Karatzia-D.Giannatos-S.Papaspyrou.
10th National Convention for E.N.T. (Kalamata, 6-10 October 1999).
- Excision of T1 and T2 Ca epiglottis with LASER CO2, Y.Kyriakides-M.Tapis-B.Ntrinias-S.Papaspyrou. 10th National Convention for E.N.T. (Kalamata, 6 – 10 October 1999).
- Dysphonia of flawed vocal cords. Surgical treatment using Laser CO2,B.Ntrinias-M.Tapis-Y.Kyriakides- S.Papaspyrou.10th National Convention E.N.T.(Kalamata,6-10 October 1999).
- Vocal chords paralysis. Treatment, M.Tapis-B.Ntrinias-B.Kapralos-Y.Kyriakides-S.Papaspyrou.
10th National Convention E.N.T. (Kalamata,6-10 October 1999).
- Diagnosis and treatment of invasive cervical inflammation as a peritonsillar abscess complication,
D.Giannatos-A.Theodorou-Y.Kyriakides-G.Georgoulopoulos-S.Papaspyrou .17th Military forces Conference (Thessaloniki, 11-14 November 1998).
- Microscopic resection of vocal nodules. Microflap technology, G.Georgoulopoulos -G.Karatzias – S.Botsakis-Y.Kyriakidis-S.Papaspyrou 17th Controversial Convention on E.N.T. ( Italy).
- 2nd Annual Clinical Teachers Workshop for CS and TYear Clinical Placements. St George’s Medical School, University of Nicosia.(Nicosia, 4 September 2014)
- 1st Annual Clinical Teachers Workshop for CS and TYear Clinical Placements. St George’s Medical School, University of Nicosia.(Nicosia, 5 September).
Nottingham Advanced Frontal Sinus Surgery Course. Nottingham University Hospitals (28th and 29th January 2013).
- 11th Copenhagen- Nottingham Ear, Nose and Throat Dissection Course. Course directors Prof. Christia Buchwald- Dr Anshul Sama. Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen (Copenhagen, June 2012).
- 2nd Sialendoscopy Course – Meeting. Experimental – Research Center ELPEN (Athens, 19th November 2011).
- 24th International Course on Laser Surgery in E.N.T. (Belgium,22-26 May 2011).
- Middle Ear Surgery Course. The Italian Neuro – Otological Group, A.I.N.O.T. (Italy, 27 September- 1 October 2010).
- Micro – Surgery of the Ear and Temporal Bone Dissection Course. Company of Otology Practice (Paris, France 18-22 January 2010).
- 21st International Course on Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. University of Gent, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Course director Prof. Dr. C. Bachert. (Ghent, Belgium,19-22/8/ 2009).
- 6th International Course in Advanced Sinus Surgery Techniques. Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Academic Medical Center of The University of Amsterdam( 19-20 /3/2009).
Temporal Bone Dissection Course. University of Barcelona and Sant Joan de Déu (Barcelona,Spain, 5 11,2008).
- 2nd International Course on Endoscopic Surgery of the Paranasal Sinuses. Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Univeriteit Gent (Brussels- Ghent, Belgium, 22-26 August 2006).
- 2nd Post educational Seminar for Rhino surgery and Otoplasty (Alexandroupolis, Greece,6-8/10/2006).
- 10th International Workshop on Laser Voice Surgery and Voice Care. Course director Jean Abitbol/prof.Sataloff (Paris, France 8-9 April 2005).
- Rhinoplasty State of Art. Theoretical – Practical Course in Rhinoplasty. Porto e Hospital Senhora da Oliveira, Guimarães. (Porto,Portugal, 5-7/6/2003).
- 13th international course on Endoscopic Surgery of the Paranasal Snuses. Course director Prof. Dr.P.Clemente – Prof.Dr.E.stennert (Brussels- Cologne,21-25/8/2001).
- 18th International Course of Factional Aesthetic Nasal Surgery (workshop). Course director Dr.van Olphen (Utrecht, The Netherlands,20-23 June 2000).
- Excavation ofthe temporalbone – workshop. Course director Prof. Spyros Papaspyrou (Athens, Greece, 15 April 2000).
- International multidisciplinary symposium. Office-based surgery of the nasal and facial soft-tissues. Reconstructive techniques of small nasal tissue deficits. Special dermatologic issues in facial cosmetic surgery. Hands-on workshop “Basic soft- tissues surgery”. Course director Prof.Sulsenti-Prof.Palma (Bologna, Italy, 23-26 September 1999).
- Submucosal ablation of nasal niches using ultrasound for reduction of the nasal congestion and rhinorrhea in patients with allergic rhinitis, A.Theodorou – E.Mossialos – Y.Kyriakides – B.Ntrinias – S.Papaspyrou at 4th Conference for Allergology and Clinical Immunology (Athens, 8 – 10 March 2001).
- The most common allergens causing allergic rhinitis in southern Greece and their treatment, A.Pashide – A.Theodorou – E.Kokkevi – Y.Kyriakides – S.Papaspyrou at 3rd National Conference for Allergology and Clinical Immunology(Greece, 1999).
- “Vertigo – from diagnosis to treatment”. Cyprus Society of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and the Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics (Nicosia, Cyprus 27 June 2015)
- 3rd Congress of European ORL-HNS. European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (Prague, Czech Republic June 7-11,2015)
- 8th Milano Master class Sinonasal, Skull Base & Orbit Endoscopic Surgery (Milan, Italy March 20-22, 2015)
- “The laryngopharyngeal reflux disease and its effects on the voice”. Cyprus Society of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and Cyprus Speech Therapist Association (European University of Cyprus, Nicosia, 12 April 2014)
- 14th Rhinology Seminar (Attikon Hospital, Athens, 4-6 April 2014)
- “Voice disorders among professionals of voice : Diagnostic Intervention and Rehabilitation” Cyprus Society of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Cyprus Speech Therapist Association, POED and OELMEK (Nicosia, 20 April 2013)
- 22nd Cyprus Medical Congress (12-13 May 2012,Cyprus ,NIcosia)
5th World Congress for Endoscopic Surgery of the Brain Skull Base & Spine, combined with the 1st Global Update on FEES, the Sinuses & the Nose. (Vienna, 29 March – 1 April 2012)
- 1st Common Convention of Cyprus E.N.T organization and organization of Plastic and Reconstractive surgery (7 April 2012,Amathus Beach Hotel,Λεμεσός)
- 16th Panhellenic Conference on Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. Panhellenic Company of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck surgery (Athens, 1-4 December, 2011).
28th Politzer Society Meeting. Chairman: Prof. John E. Xenelis (Athens 28 September – 1 October 2011).
- 3rd International Congress of Rhinology – Otology & Skull Base Surgery Current Concepts. (Athens, 7-10 May 2009)
- 7th Congress of the the European Laryngological Society. E.L.S. Course director: Prof. Miquel Quer Agusti (Barcelona, Spain, 29-31 May 2008).
- 14th Panhellenic Conference on Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. Panhellenic Company of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck surgery (Thessaloniki, Greece, 15-18 November, 2007).
- 1st Practical Symposium on Voice – Swallowing and their Disorders. (Athens, 20-22 2007)
- 2nd Postgraduate Seminar in Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty. Hospital University of Alexandroupolis (Alexandroupolis, Greece, 6-8 October 2006).
- 19th Cyprus Medical Congress. (Nicosia, 24-26 September 2004)
- 5th European Congress of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Head and Neck Surgery. European Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies.(Rodos-Kos, 11-16 September 2004)
- European Symposium “Infections due to Streptococcus Group A”. Committee for Continuing Medical Education of Cyprus Paediatric Society. (Limassol, 29 March 2003)
- Modern therapeutic approaches to esophagus diseases. Cyprus Society of Gastroenterology & Thoracic Society of Cyprus (Nicosia, Cyprus, 15 March 2003).
- 6thN.T. Seminar at the University General Hospital of Nikaia-Piraeus/ 2nd International Seminar of Greek Rhinologic Society. Course directors Prof.V.Lund / Prof.W.Draf (Athens, 1 – 3 March 2002).
- 3rd Meeting of the 492 Military Hospital of Alexandroupolis “Verdigo” (Alexandroupolis, 9 February 2002).
- 9th Post Educational Seminar on Secretory Otitis Media and Otosclerosis (Athens, 27 January 2001).
Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery – Joseph Society (Thessaloniki, 15 – 17 September 2000).
- Diagnostic and treatment problems of the nose and paranasal diseases. Greek Rhinologic Society (Athens, 15 – 16 January 2000).
- Course in functional endoscopic sinus surgery – F.E.S.S. Course director Prof. Stammberger (Athens, 18 September 1999).
- 3rd Seminar “Aesthetic and Functional Rhinoplasty”. Course director Prof. Eugene Turdy (Athens, 2 – 3 July 1999).
- 2nd Surgical Seminar: “Intranasal Micro Endoscopic Surgery for nose and sinuses”. Course director Prof. Helidonis (Crete, 4 – 5 June 1999).
Associated Hospitals / Clinics
Degree in Medicine,University of Sofia (Sept 1994)
HIGHER EDUCATION ( - Feb, 2002)University of Athens (1995)
Specialisation title acquired after succeeding in exams at the Greek Ministry of Health and Providence and the University of Athens.
CYPRUS MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, GREEK MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, EUROPEAN SWALLOWING ASSOCIATION, EUROPEAN RHINOLOGIC SOCIETY
Honours & Awards
Senior Lecturer, St George's, University of London
(Jan. 2011 – June 2015)