Dr Christos Michaelides DDS, MD
ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON
After having graduated both Dental and Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and recited the relevant Oath in November 1985 and 1988 respectively Dr Michaelides was granted the title of General Surgeon in 1994 by the Greek Board of Examination.
Having passed the Final Specialty’s Board Examination and having fulfilled the relevant training at University College London Hospitals and at the Maxillofacial Surgery Unit of the Aristotle University, he was accredited as Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeon in 2000.
1. Oral surgery to include dento-alveolar surgery, pre-prosthetic surgery & dental implantology.
2. Oral Cancer-Diagnosis & treatment of premalignant & malignant lesions of the oral cavity.
3. Oral Medicine/oral pathology.
4. Cervico-facial infections.
5. Head/Neck soft and hard tissue pathology including oncology-treatment/reconstruction with local and free flaps/microsurgery.
6. Salivary glands pathology/oncology.
7. TMJ disorder and facial pain.
8. Orthognathic Surgery.
9. Diagnosis and treatment of congenital cranio-facial syndromes /Cleft lip-palate.
10. Facial aesthetic surgery.
11. Cranio-Maxillofacial trauma.
As a Chief Resident in Gen. Surgery was responsible for the weekly meetings to which the Resident Surgical doctors presented topics of interest to the Surgical and I.T.U. medical personnel. Additionally, he arranged the audit and staff meetings as well as the department’s Operating lists.
During his appointment as a Specialist Maxillofacial Surgeon at the Limassol General Hospital was responsible of the Maxillofacial Unit and the emergency Head/Neck cases on Pancyprian basis for a fortnight each month.
ARTICLES by Dr Christos Michaelides
Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeon (Mar, 2021 - Mar, 2021)Nicosia and Limassol General Hospital
nsultant Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeon (Mar, 2021 - Mar, 2021)YGIA Private Hospital, Limassol
Had the exclusive responsibility for the O.M.F.S. British Forces patients in Cyprus as a subcontractor (Mar, 2021 - Mar, 2021)Consultant of the above Hospital
University College London Hospitals (NHS)
Cyprus Medical Association, Cyprus Dental Association, Hellenic Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Hellenic Association of Gen. Surgeons, European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgeons, Head and Neck Optical Diagnostics Society, U.K, AOCMF.