Dr. Constantinos Economides MD
Clinical Cardiologist at Apollonion Private Hospital
Clinical Tutor at St .George Medical School
Dr. Constantinos Economides MD is a clinical cardiologist at Apollonion Private Hospital in Nicosia, since 2003. Apart from outpatient consultations he is also conducting a Transthoracic and Transensophaegeal Ultasound as well as Dobutamine Stress Echo, Exercise Tolerance tests, 24 hours and 7 days recordings of the cardiac rhythm and the blood pressure (Holter). Also he undetakes treatment of any kind of severe acute cardiac events e.g arrhythmias and Myocardial Infarction at the Intensive Care Unit, Tilt table tests (investigation of syncope), perform 64 slices CT angiogram (special training) and perform carotid triplex.
- Clinical Cardiologist, Apollonion Private Hospital (2003 - present)
- Clinical Tutor (1st & 2nd year students), St. George Medical School
- Specialist Cardiologist at the American Heart Institute (Cardiac Surgery Center) in Nicosia (2003)
- Conducting a Transthoracic and Transensophaegeal Ultasound,
- Dobutamine Stress Echo,
- Exercise Tolerance tests, 24 and 7 days recordings of the cardiac rhythm and the blood pressure (Holter),
- Treatment of any kind of severe acute cardiac events e.g arrhythmias and Myocardial Infarction at the Intensive Care Unit,
- Tilt table tests (investigation of syncope), perform 64 slices CT angiogram (special training) and perform carotid triplex.
Associated Hospitals / Clinics
Medical School of Ioannina
Ioannina University Hospital (Feb, 2020 - Oct, 2019)
Cyprus Heart Association (2000)
Greece heart Association (2001)
Resusciatation Council (2003)
European Society of Cardiology (CSD 00092) ( - Jan, 2020)
Honours & Awards
1987-1993: Medical School of Ioannina – Greece (Grade 8 & 27/67, Very Good)
1993-1995: Service at the Pathology Clinic of the Ioannina University Hospital for the appropriate training in pathology in order to proceed to cardiology training.
1995-1999: Service at the Clinic of Cardiology at the Ioannina University Hospital in order to obtain Cardiology accreditation (Proffessor Moutsopoullos - Prof. Elisa F.)
1999: Obtaining Specialty in Cardiology after exams, Prefecture of Ioannina.
2000: Additional practice at the Ultrasound Department of the Ioannina University Clinic of Cardiology on Transesophageal and Stress Echo.
2000-2003: Specialist Cardiologist at the American Heart Institute (AMC) - Cardiac Surgery Center in Nicosia. Main duties: Running of the cardiac lab (Exercise Test, Echocardiography, Stress Echo, Nuclear Studies), inpatient cardiothoracic clinic. Active participation in the catheterization laboratory during the above period as far as performing coronary angiographies, assisting angioplasties (PTCA) and the implantation of permanent pacemakers on a daily basis.
2004: Education for Carotid Duplex
2007: Education for performing CT Angiograms (April 16, 2020)