DR. REGINA DEMBICKAJA-PEKRI
MD | Ob&Gyn, Fetal Medicine specialist
Dr Regina was born in Lithuania in 1982. She has spent 13 years devoting her career to medicine, culminating in the highly specialized area of fetal medicine. She graduated from Vilnius University, Faculty of Medicine in 2007. Based on a review of her entire medical school record, her performance has been rated ‘Excellent’ (top 10%) in comparison to her peers at Vilnius University. Afterwards she did internship in Vilnius University. Following this she worked in Cyprus in Larnaca General Hospital and Kuperounda General Hospital before taking up an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist residency position as a top candidate in Vilnius University in 2010.
After acquiring her Obstetrician Gynaecologist specialization in 2014, she was accepted to the Fetal Medicine Fellowship in London working under Professor Kypros Nicolaides, a world renowned expert in fetal surgery and interventions and Director of Fetal Medicine Research Institute at King’s College Hospital, London.
Dr Regina successfully finished her 2 years training fellowship in Fetal Medicine in November 2016 (FMF- Fetal Medicine Foundation) and was awarded the FMF diploma in Fetal Medicine from the Foundation.
Dr Regina has acquired a certificate of competence (FMF) in Nuchal translucency, Nasal bone, Ductus venosus flow, Tricuspid flow, Uterine Doppler (Preeclampsia screening), The 20-22 weeks scan, Cervical assessment, Doppler ultrasound, Basic Fetal echocardiography, Fetal cardiac scanning, Fetal cardiac defects, Invasive procedures.
During her fellowship Dr Regina gained experience by working in some of the best Fetal medicine units in UK ( King’s College Hospital, University College London Hospital, Homerton University Hospital and Medway Maritime Hospital, which became one of the best hospitals outside London for detecting complications in high-risk pregnancies), under supervision of the best Fetal medicine consultants.
During the fellowship Dr Regina had the opportunity to run different clinics as a senior clinical research fellow alongside experts in this field, and was responsible for Placenta Disorders Clinic (management of high risk pregnancies such as Fetal growth restriction, high risk for preeclampsia, intrauterine Fetal demise), Preterm Surveillance Clinic (management of short cervix), Multiple Pregnancy Clinic (MCDA, DCDA, triplets), Fetal Defects Clinic (management of all range Fetal abnormalities), Fetal Cardiac Clinic and Invasive procedures. She was working in the private Fetal Medicine Centre of Professor Kypros Nicolaides, at Harley Street (www.fetalmedicine.com).
Dr Regina recently relocated to Cyprus to live with her Cypriot husband and two children. Due to her hard work, absolute commitment and passion for fetal medicine one of her biggest dreams to open modern Fetal Medicine Centre became true. Her aim is to offer highest standards fetal medicine services in Cyprus, to improve detection rate of fetal cardiac defects. Regina strongly believes that majority of fetal abnormalities can be diagnosed in the very first trimester. She has been attending different fetal medicine congresses and courses since 2014.
The Novita Fetal Medicine Centre offers:
- The highest accuracy only fetal medicine services (fetal viability scan, nuchal test, early anomaly scan, fetal cardiac scan, anomaly scan, cervical scan, screening for PE/IUGR, fetal growth and wellbeing scan, 3D/4D/ HD life, NIPD and invasive procedures: CVS, amniocentesis, amniodrainage).
- Flexible appointments mornings and evenings within short notice in the heart of Nicosia.
- The most advanced ultrasound machine in Cyprus (Voluson E10, BT 17 console).
- Special packages for loyal patients.
- A Fetal medicine specialist fluent in 5 languages (Greek, English, Russian, Polish and Lithuanian) which will facilitate excellent communication.
- Certificate of competence FMF : Nuchal translucency, Nasal bone, Ductus venosus flow, Tricuspid flow, Uterine Doppler (PE), The 20-22 weeks scan, Cervical assessment, Doppler ultrasound, Fetal cardiac scanning, Basic fetal echocardiography, Fetal cardiac defects, Invasive procedures, Diploma in fetal medicine (2016 November)
- 2009 April 9 – 10. Successfully completed European Resuscitation Council Advanced Life Support (ALS) provider course. Nicosia, Cyprus.
- 2008 Feb – 2009 May: Greek language courses (2nd -4th level). Faculty of letters, University of Cyprus, School of Modern Greek, Nicosia, Cyprus. Grade: “Very good” (89/100).
- 2006 December. Prevalence of intimate crime and identification in the health care institutions. Family planning and sexual health association, Vilnius, Lithuania. 12 hours.
- Full with specialist registration with a licence to practice (2014 October 14. GMC Ref: 7484680)
- Doctor obstetrician/gynecologist No. 4519, Cyprus (2014 September 24)
- Doctor obstetrician/gynecologist No. MPL-19134, Lithuania (2014 June 27)
- Medical doctor No. MPL-14657, Lithuania (2009 May 27)
- Medical doctor No. 4519, Cyprus (2009 March 12)
A. Arlauskienė, G. Drąsutienė, D. Lištvanienė, R. Dembickaja, K. Bartkutė. Value of angiogenic/antiangiogenic factors PlGF and sFTL-1 for early diagnosis of preeclampsia. Medicinos Teorija ir Praktika (Medical Theory and Practice) 2012; 18 (4.1): 444–447 (in Lithuanian with abstract in English).
R. Dembickaja, D. Vasilevska, E. Bumbul. Outcomes of ovarian lesions in adolescents: a 9 year review. Poster Presentation. 12th European Congress of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology, May 25-28, 2011, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
N. Drazdiene, A. Arlauskiene, A. Marcinkute, R. Dembickaja. Risk of adaptational disorders in neonates with diabetic fetopathy. Poster presentation. 8th World Congress of Perinatal Medicine, September 9-13, 2007, Florence, Italy.
R. Dembickaja, K. Maciulevic. Outcome of systemic lupus erythematosus pregnancy: retrospective study. 59th Vilnius University Medical School Students’ Research Society Conference. Vilnius, Lithuania. April 23- May 03, 2007. Abstract available in Conference abstract book: 25 (in Lithuanian).
R. Dembickaja. Prevalence and risk factors of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among female students of different Universities in Vilnius, Lithuania. 17th European Student’s Conference, promising medical scientists willing to look beyond. 8th - 12th October, 2006 at the Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum (CVK) of the medical Faculty of the Humboldt University and the Free University in Berlin, Germany. Abstract available in Conference abstract book: 90.
R. Dembickaja, N. Ranceva. The attitude towards women’s health among female students of Vilnius University. 1st Baltic Sea Region Students’ Scientific Conference in Medical sciences. Riga, Latvia. April 21-22, 2006. Abstract available in Conference abstract book: 21-22.
R. Dembickaja, A. Marcinkute. How the use of antiepileptic drugs (AED) with or without folic acid (FA) and the presence of seizures during pregnancy affect delivery and formation of fetus. 1st Baltic Sea Region Students’ Scientific Conference in Medical sciences. Riga, Latvia. April 21-22, 2006. Abstract available in Conference abstract book: 65-66.
R. Dembickaja, A. Marcinkute. Peculiarities of neonatal period of newborns with diabetic fetopathy. April 21-22, 2006. 1st Baltic Sea Region Students’ Scientific Conference in Medical sciences. Riga, Latvia. Abstract available in Conference abstract book: 71.
R. Dembickaja. Prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis infection in Lithuania. Conference of Lithuanian OBGYN society (LAGD), Vilnius, Lithuania, March 17, 2011.
R. Dembickaja. Prevalence and risk factors of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among Vilnius University female students living in the dormitories. Vilnius University Medical School and Kaunas Medical University Ob/Gyn Clubs Videoconference. December 12, 2005.
- 15th World Congress in Fetal Medicine. Majorca, 2016
- Advances in Fetal Medicine Course. London, 5 -6 December 2015
- 14th World Congress in Fetal Medicine. Crete, 2015
- Early Fetal Echocardiography: How to detect congenital heart defects at 11-13 weeks and what to do after. London, 21 -22 March 2015.
- Advances in Fetal Medicine Course. London, 6 -7 December 2014
- 13th World Congress in Fetal Medicine. France, Nice, 2014
- 15th World Congress on Human Reproduction in Venezia, Italy, 13-16 March 2013.
- 22nd European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Tallinn, Estonia, 9-12 May 2012.
- 9th International Scientific Meeting of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Athens, Greece, 28-30 September 2011.
- 17th European Students' Conference, at the Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum (CVK) of the medical Faculty of the Humboldt University and the Free University in Berlin, Germany. October 8th - 12th, 2006.
- 2017 Cyprus Medical Association
Associated Hospitals / Clinics
Senior research fellow. HBRC, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, University College London Hospital NHS, Homerton University Hospital NHS, Medway Maritime Hospital NHS. Fetal Medicine Center, Harley street 137, London. (Jun, 2015 - Nov, 2016).
Junior research fellow (Nov, 2014 - Jun, 2015)HBRC King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Senior resident (Mar, 2013 - Jun, 2014)Vilnius University Hospital „Santariskiu Clinics“, Centre of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Vilnius, Lithuania
Senior resident (Sep, 2012 - Feb, 2013)Vilnius City Clinical Hospital. Department of Obstetrics. Vilnius, Lithuania
Junior resident (Sep, 2010 - Aug, 2012)Maternity Hospital, Vilnius, Lithuania
Emergency Department. Medical doctor (part time job) (Dec, 2010 - Feb, 2013)Vilnius University Hospital „Santariskiu Clinics“, Center Filial. Vilnius, Lithuania
Emergency Department. Medical doctor (Feb, 2010 - Aug, 2010)Kyperounda General Hospital, Kyperounda, Cyprus
Pre-registration House Officer. Surgery department (6 months). Internal Medicine (6 months). Paid post. (Mar, 2008 - Mar, 2009)Larnaca General Hospital, Cyprus
Department of Abdominal Surgery and Liver Transplantation. Professional student exchange programme of the International Federation of Medical Students Associations (IFMSA). (Jul, 2005 - Jul, 2005)Jean Minjoz Hospital. Besancon, France
Honorary Clinical Research Fellow in the Harris Birthright Centre for Foetal Medicine with King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. FMF ID Number (prerequisite) 128297. (Nov, 2014 - Nov, 2016)
Residency programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Sep, 2010 - Jun, 2014)Vilnius University
Selected as TOP candidate for residency.
Internship (foundation programme) (Jan, 2007 - Jan, 2008)Vilnius University
Vilnius University Medical Faculty. Vilnius, Lithuania. Medical doctor. Grade: “Excellent” (9,117 / 10. Top 10% of the batch). (Jan, 2001 - Jan, 2007)
Vilnius Zirmunu Gymnasium No 7. Vilnius, Lithuania. Graduated with distinction (Jan, 1989 - Jan, 2001)
Honours & Awards
1st place winner at 1st Baltic Sea Region Students’ Scientific Conference in Medical sciences. Students’ Scientific Society of Riga Stradins University, Riga, Latvia. (January 1, 2006)
3rd place winner at 57th Vilnius University Medicine Medical School Students’ Research Society Conference, Vilnius, Lithuania. (January 1, 2005)
Award for the best presentation in the paediatrics section. Lithuanian Medical Science Students and Young Researchers’ Conference 2005, Kaunas, Lithuania. (January 1, 2005)
Research Scholarship from Lithuanian AIDS centre for the research work “Prevalence and risk factors of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) infection among female students of different Universities, Vilnius, Lithuania” (January 1, 2005)
1st place winner at Young Biologists’ Olympiad of Vilnius City. Vilnius, Lithuania. (January 1, 1998)