DR. SOLON CHRISTOU RIRIS
MBBS (UK), BSc (Honors), MRCOG, CCST (London)
Obstetrician & Gynaecological surgeon | Subfertility treatment
Minimal access surgery | Laparoscopy & Davinci Robot
Dr Riris is a fully educated and trained UK specialist. He is a fertility & IVF specialist who has 18 years of experience in all the general aspects of his profession. He has a particular expertise in minimal access (laparoscopic) surgery for the diagnosis and treatment of subfertility and in cases of endometriosis. He also uses the Davinci Robot in selected cases and employs advanced laparoscopic techniques for complex gynaecological procedures, such as myomectomy, hysterectomy and treatment of advanced endometriosis.
He has performed a very large number of 3D/4D gynaecological ultrasound procedures using the very best USS machines (Voluson E8) to diagnose many gynaecological conditions such as uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts and endometriosis.
As an enthusiast for modern medicine and for new advances, Dr Riris followed advanced Robotic surgery at the world-known oncology centre of the Royal Marsden Hospital. There he gained experience on extensive gynaecological operations and on the management of complex cancer cases. He also gained experience on the Da Vinci Robot, which on selected cases, offers the advantage of surgical precision superior when compared to open surgery.
- Fertility assessment and treatment including IVF
- Stimulated and natural cycle/ low dose IVF
- Recurrent miscarriages (3 or more pregnancy losses)
- Using advanced voluson E8 machines with 3D /4D images
- Diagnosis of fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts
- Hycosy and tubal patency testing
- Myomectomy (to remove large fibroids)
- Treatment of complex endometriosis
- Hysterectomy in cases of large fibroids, abnormal bleeding or malignancy
- Prolapse surgery (hysteropexy) with uterine preservation
- Vaginal hysterectomy and prolapse surgery
- Surgery for urinary stress incontinence (Trans Obturator Tape)
- To diagnose and treat uterine polyps and fibroids
- Advanced Robotic Surgery
- Da Vinci Robot
- Minimal Access
- (Laparoscopic) Surgery
- Advanced hysteroscopy
- His medical research at UCLH focused on the investigation and treatment of the subfertile couple. He was the IVF lead coordinator for the 3 years at CRGH – UCLH, one of the most successful IVF centres in London.
- In 2012-2013, CRGH – UCLH had the highest IVF success rate in the UK, as published by the HFEA (British IVF regulating authority). He has vast experience on using natural cycle IVF and low dose stimulation methods.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG).
- Official specialist register of Specialist Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Great Britain.
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST).
- Member of ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology) and BSGE (British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy)
- In 2016 he will be publishing the Postpartum Haemorrhage Green-top guideline, which is used by doctors worldwide for the management of massive obstetric haemorrhage.
Associated Hospitals / Clinics
Specialist training in Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) specialist training programme (Jan, 2004 - Jan, 2016)London, United Kingdom
18-year experience as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, worked in some of the largest and leading hospitals in London,Kings College, Chelsea and Westminster, UCLH and St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
Advanced Robotic surgery and Da Vinci RobotRoyal Marsden Hospital Oncology Centre
University College London (UCLH) Medical School
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG)
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG), (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology), BSGE (British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy)
Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST)
University College London (UCLH) Medical School (2004)
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) (2004 & 2016)
Honours & Awards
Dr Riris is a fully educated and trained UK specialist. He graduated from University College London (UCLH) medical school in 2004 where he was awarded for his overall academic achievements.
In 2012-2013, CRGH – UCLH had the highest IVF success rate in the UK, as published by the HFEA (British IVF regulating authority). He has vast experience on using natural cycle IVF and low dose stimulation methods.
- WE TAKE REVIEWS VERY SERIOUSLY AND DO NOT ALLOW ANY ABUSE. PLEASE PROVIDE ONLY TRUE INFORMATION. ANY ABUSIVE REVIEWS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.
Leave Your Review
Get answers to your queries now
No query answered yet.