Dr. Vassilis I. Barberis MD, FESC, FHFA
SPECIALIST IN CARDIOLOGY
Diploma of Advanced Studies in Heart Failure
(University of Zurich)
European Certification in Transesophageal Echocardiography
Dr Barberis is a fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC) and the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (FHFA). He is a member of several scientific committees of the ESC, the HFA and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI), namely the Imaging Study Group of the HFA Committee on diagnosis, the National Heart Failure Societies Committee of the HFA, and the Transoesophageal Echocardiography (TOE) Certification Committee of the EACVI. He has served as President of the Heart Failure Working Group of the Cyprus Society of Cardiology for 2016-2018. He is a distinguished member of the international Heart Failure and Imaging community with several presentations at international congesses and scientific meetings.
Ο Δρ. Μπαρμπέρης είναι ο πρώτος καρδιολόγος της Κύπρου στον οποίο απονεμήθηκε η πιστοποίηση ανωτέρων σπουδών στην "Καρδιακή Ανεπάρκεια". ΔΙΑΒΑΣΕ ΠΕΡΙΣΣΟΤΕΡΑ ΕΔΩ
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
- Fellow of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (FHFA).
- President of the Working Group on Heart Failure of the Cyprus Society of Cardiology (2016-2018).
- Member of the European Study Group on Imaging of the Committee on Diagnosis of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA).
- Member of the National Heart Failure Societies Committee of the HFA.
- Member of the European Certification Committee for Transesophageal Echocardiography of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI).
- Member of the Heart Failure Specialists of Tomorrow (HOT) initiative by the Heart Failure Association of the ESC.
Associated Hospitals / Clinics
Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Hotel Dieu de Paris (Dec, 2019 - Current)Ecole de Medicine Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI (July-September 1994, scholarship by the EU Community Programme Erasmus and Lingua).
Doctor (Jan, 1998 - Jan, 1999)Tripoli Military Hospital
Specialization in Internal Medicine (Jan, 1999 - Jan, 2001)Lamia General Hospital, Greece
Specialization in Cardiology at the First Department of Cardiology (Jan, 2001 - Jan, 2005)University of Athens Medical School, Hippokrateio General Hospital of Athens
Yearly Postgraduate Course in Emergency Prehospital Medicine (Jan, 2006 - Current)National Centre for Emergency Medical Service of Greece
Two-year clinical Postgraduate Course in Heart Failure (Jan, 2014 - Jan, 2015)University Heart Center, University of Zurich
Medical degree (Jan, 1990 - Jan, 1996)National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Medical School
Certified Cardiologist ( - Jan, 2007)Hellenic Cardiological Society (2005) and the Cyprus Society of Cardiology
Certification in Advanced Life Support (ALS) ( - Jan, 2007)European Reusscitation Council-ERC and the Cyprus Resuscitation Council
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Heart Failure- Heart Failure Specialist ( - Dec, 2019)European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC
Certification in adult Transesophageal Echocardiography ( - Jan, 2015)European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI)