Dr Petros Stylianou MD, MSc
Neurosurgeon, Brain and Spine Surgeon
Neurosurgical Department at Sheba Medical center Tel Hashomer, Israel
Dr. Petros Stylianou earned his medical degree from the University of Athens Medical School and finished his residency in Neurosurgery at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center at Tel-Hashomer, Israel. He was trained in all the modern techniques of brain and spine surgery. After he finished his residency he worked for a year as a Neurosurgeon at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center at Tel-Hashomer in Israel and he showed a special interest in Neuroncology and Spine surgery.
Dr. Petros Stylianou is constantly updated with the most modern techniques in Neurosurgery and is in cooperation with big medical centers abroad where he is still working as a visiting surgeon. He has a constant interest in research and has published a number of scientific articles.
He is a member of the IMTL international medical tourism ltd, which is a leading medical service providing cutting-edge medical services utilizing by the best international doctors from Israel and leading countries, world-class technologies to achieve the best diagnostic and treatment results.
Dr. Petros Stylianou is now working as a Specialist Neurosurgeon specializing in Spine Surgery and all the spectrum of Brain and Spinal pathologies.
- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst, Back Injuries, Back Pain, Basilar Impression, Basilar Invagination, Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Cavernous Angioma, Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease, Cervical Degenerative Disc Herniation, Cervical Disc Herniation, Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Spine Trauma, Cervical Spondylosis, Chiari Malformations, Chondrosarcoma, Chordomas, Cranio-cervical Junction Pathology
- Degenerative Disc Disease, Degenerative Spine Disease, Disc Pain, Giant Cell Tumor, Hemangioblastoma, Hemangiomas, Lumbar Degenerative Disease
- Lumbar Disc Herniation, Lumbar Radiculopathy, , Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Myxopapillary Ependymoma, Neck Pain
- Nerve Sheath Tumor, Neurological Surgery, Neurosurgery , Neurosurgical Oncology, Osteoblastoma, Radiculopathy, Sacral Tumors, Sarcoma
- Schwannoma, Sciatica, Scoliosis, Spinal Column Tumors, Spinal Cord Injury, Spinal Cord Malformation, Spinal Cord Tumors, Spinal Decompression
- Spinal Deformities,Spinal Dural Fistula, Spinal Ependymoma, Spinal Fixation, Spinal Fusion, Spinal Infection, Spinal Instability, Spinal Meningioma
- Spinal Metastases, Spinal Neurofibroma, Spinal Pain, Spinal Reconstruction, Spinal Schwannoma, Spinal Stenosis, Spinal Trauma, Spinal Tumors
- Spine and Spinal Deformities, Spine Surgery, Spine Tumors, Spondylolisthesis, Spondylosis, Cervical, Spondyloysis, Thoracic Disc Herniation.
Dr. Petros Stylianou an investigator of several national, multi-center, prospective clinical trials:
1. Clear IVH phase II trial . Low-Dose Recombinant Tissue-Type Plasminogen Activator Enhances Clot Resolution in Brain Hemorrhage. The Intraventricular Hemorrhage Thrombolysis Trial
2. the Clear III clinical trial. Clot Lysis: Evaluating Accelerated Resolution of Intraventricular Hemorrhage Phase III (CLEAR III).
3. MISTIE III international trial. A phase III, randomized, open-label, 500-subject clinical trial of minimally invasive surgery plus rtPA in the treatment of intracerebral haemorrhage.
Clinical / Academic Interests
- Clinical Research
- Medical Education
- Healthcare Management
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Research
- Brain and Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Associated Hospitals / Clinics
Surgical Resident, (Jan, 2008 - Feb, 2009)Nicosia General Hospital, Cyprus
Pre-Registration, (Jan, 2007 - Jan, 2008)Paphos General Hospital Cyprus
Consultant Neurosurgeon, (Jan, 2015 - Jan, 2021)Mediterranean Hospital of Cyprus
Neurosurgeon (Jan, 2014 - Jan, 2015)Sheba Medical Center Tel Hashomer, Israel
Neurosurgical Resident (Jan, 2009 - Jan, 2014)Sheba Medical Center Tel Hashomer, Israel