Alpha Evresis Diagnostic Centre was founded in 2008 by a group of businessmen related to the medical field and a team of doctors. The founders of the centre envisioned an ideal, modern and complete imaging centre capable of fulfilling people’s medical needs both for the public and the private sector.
Alpha Evresis is equipped with state-of-the-art, modern equipment which emit the lowest possible radiation and well trained, specialized and experienced personnel (medical, paramedical and administration) who are defined by their human centric and scientific approach towards the examinees.
The philosophy of Alpha Evresis Diagnostic Centre is based upon providing accurate diagnosis and professional services to a modern and well adjusted environment which has the following aims:
- To provide specialized and high quality medical diagnostic services.
- To provide high-end services in the Health area by using state of the art technology.
- To implement new specialized methods of diagnosis, using special treatments via interventional radiology and collaborating with researchers in the field of medical biotechnology.
- To gain trust from the medical world for the consistency and reliability of the services provided which are also cost efficient.
- To become the best diagnostic centre in Cyprus able to fulfill the medical needs of patients from either public or private hospitals.
- Petros Archontides - General Manager
- Anna Yiasoumi - Assistant General Manager
- Dr. Demos Michaelides
- Dr. Xenia Constantinidou
- Dr. Eleni Stylianou
- Vasilios Tzangkarakis
- Zoi Chaviara
- Frantzeska Sotiriou
- Marianna Loizidou
- Evi Yiallouri
- Stefani Christofi
Customer Support Service
- Irene Kitsiou
- Kyriaki Moromori
- Chrystalla Fotiou
- Antria Antoniou
- Maria Sotiriou
Dr. Demos Michaelides
Graduated in 2000 from the University of Cambridge medical school. He subsequently followed a 2 year medical rotation training and passed the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP).In 2004 he joined the 5 year West Midlands Radiology training scheme passing the Royal College of Radiologists Fellowship exams in 2007.He subspecialised in gastrointestinal radiology with a special emphasis on endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS). After completing the specialist training in radiology and obtaining the certificate of completion of specialist training (CCT), Dr. Michaelides completed a 2 month observership at University of Michigan medical school, at Ann Arbor, USA in adult and paediatric Cardiac MRI and in cardiac CT. Dr. Michaelides is very experienced in dealing with the whole spectrum of radiological examinations including image guided biopsies. His two areas of special interest are gastrointestinal radiology/EUS and cardiac imaging. Dr Michaelides is the radiology lead and senior lecturer at the St George`s Medical School at the university of Nicosia. He has been working as consultant radiologist at Alpha Evresis diagnostic center since December 2009 and has been head of the department since 2012. In 2015 he was awarded the fellowship to the Royal College of physicians FRCP. Dr Michaelides has published articles in scientific journals, contributed chapters in medical books, has presented in both national meetings and abroad and has also participated in research projects.
Dr. Xenia Constantinidou
Graduated in 2003 from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki medical school and graduated with the specialization of radiologist at the radiology lab of the “AHEPA University Hospital” in 2012. The doctor further specialized in breast imaging at “Theagenio Cancer Hospital” (Thessaloniki). Moreover, Dr Xenia Constantinidou enhanced her knowledge by receiving a special training on MRI examinations at the General Hospital “G. Papanicolaou”. During her specialization training, she was trained in the whole spectrum of radiological examinations with a special interest in conventional radiation and ultrasonography and practiced in Doppler imaging examinations. Dr Constantinidou is currently working at Alpha Evresis diagnostic center, since 2013 as a consultant radiologist. She participated in many conventions, science fairs and scientific presentations.
Dr. Eleni Stylianou
Graduated from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens medical school in 2006 and later graduated as a radiologist from the University Hospital Essen of Germany in 2012. Dr. Stylianou trained and practiced in MRI and PET-CT examinations. She sub specialized at the Marien Hospital of Düsseldorf in performing minor surgeries and therapeutic techniques on the spinal cord. Dr. Stylianou is also very experienced and expert in CT coronary diagnosis and cardiac imaging. She was a supervisor in both hospitals mentioned above and participated in many conventions, conferences and scientific publications. Dr Stylianou has been working as a consultant radiologist at Alpha Evresis Diagnostic Centre since 2013.
Dr. Eliza Protopapa
Graduated from the University of Crete medical school in 2001 and gained her specialization of radiologist in Athens in 2007. Dr. Protopapa trained at the General Hospital of Children in Athens (“Panayioti and Aglaias Kyriakou”) in 2002 and at the General Hospital of Athens (“Ippokration”) in 2003. Dr. Protopapa has great interest as well as experience in dealing with child ultrasonography, conventional radiology, musculoskeletal radiology and breast imaging including breast MRI. In 2012 Dr Protopapa had successfully completed her postgraduate thesis at the Cyprus Open University on the topic of “Health Department Management”. She has participated in many conferences on breast imaging and hepatic elasticity and she is still participating in conferences both in Cyprus and abroad. Dr Protopapa has been working as a consultant radiologist at Alpha Evresis Diagnostic Centre since 2008.
Dr. Marilia Loizou
Graduated from the University of Athens medical school in 2003 and specialized as an anesthesiologist at the University Clinic “Attikon” of Athens in 2009. She is fluent in Greek, English and French language. Dr. Marilia Loizou is sub-specialized and trained for regional anesthesia administration and MRI anesthesia. She also has the following certificates: EPLS, PTLS, PHTLS, ALS, NLS and PLS. Since 2015, Dr. Marilia Loizou has been working as a private anesthesiologist in Cyprus. Dr. Marilia Loizou published numerous studies internationally in journals and she has been participating in many conferences both in Cyprus and abroad. Dr. Loizou is fluent in Greek, Engish and French. She has been working as an anesthesiologist at Alpha Evresis Diagnostic Centre since 2010.
QUALITY & SAFETY
It is noteworthy that our Diagnostic center has a qualified Quality and Environmental Management systems which both agree with the international protocols ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and EMAS. In addition, the center is equipped with RIS and PACS systems which enable the doctors to study and compare the https://www.knowyourdoctor.com.cy/images with previous examinations by digitally navigating to the patient’s medical record.
By having a strong sense of responsibility, Alpha Evresis Diagnostic Center, provides the highest quality and reliable medical services in a humane, professionals and scientific environment always being beneficiary to the examinee.
QUALITY - EFFICIENCY - HUMANISM - DEVELOPMENT - RELIABILITY - COMMUNICATION
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Digital Mammography
- Digital X-ray
- Digital 3-D dental
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Advanced technology, PIANNISIMMO, which reduces the noise by 70%
- Spacious, wide diameter scanner, providing comfortable examinations even for claustrophobics.
- Wide range of examinations such as musculoskeletal, mammography, heart imaging, enterography, liver with liver compatible contrast, angiographies, renal and peripheral vessels with or without the use of contrast medium.
Computed Tomography (CT)
- High image quality with the lowest radiation possible. The scan is completed within seconds.
- 3D imaging of bones, vessels and virtual endoscopy.
- Combined protocols for angiography. Simultaneous imaging of carotids, coronary vessels, thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta and peripheral vessels.
- CT Coronary angiography examination with the highest diagnostic value emitting the lowest radiation possible.
- CT organ biopsy (lungs and inner abdomen organs).
- A unique full field digital Mammography scanner in Cyprus equipped with hyper sensitivity sensors delivers perfect diagnostic results only emitting the lowest radiation possible.
- Exceptional imaging quality.
- The examination is performed with a 50% lower radiation than other mammograms on the market.
- The center captures the breast area fully for diagnostic imaging (uss breast, digital mammograpgy and MRI breast).
- High definition ultrasound examinations for all types of examinations
- We perform a wide range of examinations such as upper and lower abdomen (urinary and gynecological), breasts, carotids, thyroid, deep peripheral vessels as well as specialized newborn examinations (brain, legs and abdomen).
- Organ biopsies via ultrasonography
- Thyroid biopsy (FNA)
- Intraabdominal drainage collections
- High definition digital imaging
- We provide almost every imaging examination
- Equipped with high sensitivity sensors and with an automated dosage calculation system which emit the lowest radiation possible.
- Post examination, the results get analyzed by a computer with simultaneous image processing.
Digital 3-D dental
- An advanced, latest technology CONE BEAM CT (CBCT) which provides trustworthy dental imaging.
- Short imaging acquisition time. Lowest radiation emission. High quality images.
- Able to acquire both upper and lower jaw within a single scan due to its high FOV (8.5 cm x 8.5 cm).
- Digital panoramic, 3D, Temporomandibular Joints (TMJ) and cephalometric.
Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- An advanced technology which combines endoscopy with ultrasound techniques. It examines both hollow and solid organs of the higher digestive system (pancreas, esophagus, stomach, bile ducts) with very high diagnostic accuracy.
- It is the most articulate diagnostic method in detecting all five layers of the enteric wall and pancreas.
- It allows the use of guided biopsy via fine needle (FNA and FNB) to otherwise inaccessible organs such as the pancreas.
- It is explicitly provided by our center.
- A simple examination for quantitative assessment of liver fibrosis, completely avoiding invasive biopsy examinations.
- It is indicated for patients suffering from chronic liver disease such as chronic hepatitis of any etiology, alcoholic hepatitis, steatohepatitis due to diabetes and other causes, drug induced hepatitis, hemochromatosis etc.
- A fast and painless technique.
- It is explicitly provided by our center.
The center’s philosophy is based on providing diagnostic services with accuracy, precision and professionalism to a modern and well suited environment.
- Expert personnel and modern equipment
- Preferred medical diagnostic provider for many doctors in Cyprus
- Special examinations and full spectrum of typical examinations
- Focus On the Examinee
- Reasonable prices
- Comfort and convenience