LEDRA OBSTETRICS GYNECOLOGY CLINIC
"Fertility & In-Vitro Fertilization Centre Ledra Embryogenesis"
Throughout the last 40 years, “Ledra”, the established obstetrics and gynecology clinic, has continued to develop and improve in all disciplines, guided by the most recent scientific techniques and methods.
Την Πρότυπο Μαιευτική Γυναικολογική κλινική «ΛΗΔΡΑ» ακολουθεί ιστορία 40 ετών. Καθ΄ όλη τη διάρκεια λειτουργίας της υπήρξε πρωτοπόρος στις εκάστοτε επιστημονικές εξελίξεις.
"Dr. Takis Georgiou, the pioneer doctor of Ledra clinic has not only delivered the first “tube-baby” in Cyprus, but one of the first IVF babies in the Middle East and the Balkans."
"Χαρακτηριστικά στην κλινική επιτεύχθηκε με την εφαρμογή της εξωσωματικής γονιμοποίησης - από τον πρωτοπόρο Ιατρό Δρ. Τακη Γεωργίου- η γέννηση του πρώτου παιδιού καθώς και τα πρώτα τετράδυμα της Κύπρου."
During 2007, the clinic underwent a complete renovation. The actual building was enlarged and redecorated, and the latest contemporary medical equipment was purchased. The clinic is distinguished for its aesthetics and functionality.
Το 2007 η κλινική επεκτάθηκε κτιριακά, ανακαινίστηκε ριζικά και εκσυγχρονίσθηκε πλήρως ο ιατρικός εξοπλισμός της. Όλοι οι χώροι χαρακτηρίζονται για την υψηλή αισθητική και λειτουργικότητα τους.
The clinic is a modern unit which consists of thirty-five employees (human resource), which apply in the contemporary European philosophy, that patients should be treated by a small unit/number of doctors in a friendly manner. Additionally, the clinic’s medical and paramedical personnel/staff/faculty is well-known for its medical capacity and scientific knowledge as well as its latest medical equipment.
Πρόκειται για μια σύγχρονη μονάδα με συνολικά τριάντα πέντε (35) άτομα ανθρώπινο δυναμικό, η οποία συμβαδίζει με την σύγχρονη Ευρωπαϊκή φιλοσοφία για δημιουργία μικρών και φιλικών προς τους ασθενείς μονάδων, ενώ παράλληλα διακρίνεται για τη δυναμικότητα και την επιστημονική αρτιότητα του ιατρικού και παραϊατρικού προσωπικού καθώς και τον υπερσύγχρονο ιατρικό εξοπλισμό της.
Ledra clinic is in a position to offer a variety of services that a modern woman needs from her adolescence and reproductive years until a more mature age.
Click on each department to see the description:
The childbirth room consists of the most prevailing medical equipment in order to perform the act of childbirth safely. Naturally our highest concern is the safety of the new mother and her newborn. The two adjacent surgery rooms are in constant readiness to function or rather act immediately and safely in the occurrence of caesarean sections.
Obviously, when referring to the forms of childbirth, the clinic naturally favors natural childbirth.
- The mother-to-be is psychologically prepared for the most important point of a woman’s life.
- The mother has the choice of selecting between psycho prophylactic and the epidural anesthesia.
The gynecology unit of our clinic is not only well-known for the medical and paramedical personnel’s qualifications, skills and experience but also our latest technology’s medical equipment and our comfortable accommodation that offers our patients a pleasant stay. Every year, hundreds of gynecological operations are held by using endoscopic surgery and classic gynecology surgery.
ENDOSCOPIC GYNECOLOGICAL SURGERY
Diagnostic ( infertility, acute or dironic pelvic pain)
Operative (cyst removal, tumors, sterilization, removal of endometriotic cysts– staging of endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy treatment, simphisiolysis, removal of hydrosalpinx, assisted vaginal hysterectomy).
Hysteroscopy endometrial biopsy
- Diagnostic (infertility, endometrioses biopsy)
- Operative (Asherman syndrome treatment, removal of endometrial polys, fibroids)
OTHER GYNECOLOGIAL PROCEEDURES
- Abdominal hysterectomy, myomectomy, ovarian cysts removal
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Pelvic floor repair
- TVT insertion
- Gynecological oncology
FERTILITY AND IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION CENTER - LEDRA EMBRYOGENESIS
The IVF unit –Ledra-Embryogenesis– was established in 1986 by Dr. Takis Georgiou and after a year he delivered not only the first “tube-baby” in Cyprus, but one of the first IVF babies in the Middle East and the Balkans. Since that time has maintained its reputation as being one of the most successful IVF clinics in the country. The unit has very experienced doctors working in a team discussing all our cases in a multi-disciplinary matter.
Our embryologists are very experienced working at the best hospitals and fertility units in the UK. We are able to offer a full range of infertility investigations and treatments. Our laboratory and clinical protocols conform to the HFEA (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority) standards of the UK, one of the strictest quality control protocols in the world.
- Male infertility investigation
- Female infertility investigation
- Miscarriage causes and treatment
- Tubal factor investigation (Treatment of tubal adhesions. Hydrosalpinx)
- Ovarian function investigation
- Endometriosis treatment
- Ovulation induction
- Hormonal Assessment
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy
- Operative Hysteroscopy (Endometrial polyps removal, dissection of endometrial adhesions, diaphragm and other congenital anomalies).
Analyse all sperm parameters
Detection of anti sperm immunoglobin antibodies
Preservation of semen/sperm (freezing)
Semen freezing is useful for men who will undergo chemotherapy or find it difficult to ejaculate on the day of egg collection. However, the quality of the semen is reduced after freezing and therefore, if possible, fresh samples are obtained on the day required.
TESA (Testicular Sperm Biopsy)
Surgical sperm retrieval is a treatment option for men with an absence or blockage of the tube (vas deferens) or non- obstructive azoospermia. Sperm can be collected directly from the epididymis or from the testicles.
Surgical sperm retrieval is carried out by a Consultant Uroandrologist who works in close association with the fertility unit and the procedure is timed to coincide with the female partner’s egg collection. If enough sperm is retrieved it may be possible to freeze small amounts for use at a later stage. The sperm collected is then used to inject the eggs using ICSI.
The unit imports frozen sperm samples from credible bank sperms abroad such as, Cryos and Novo-Nordick, which are successfully used in treatments where sperm infertility is diagnosed.
PLASTIC SURGERY UNIT
- Breast Enlargement
GUIDEDANCE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT UNIT
- Dr. Demetris (Takis) Georgiou - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Mr. Zenon Georgiou - Psychologist Bsc, Msc - Managing Director
- Dr. Zoe Ntontou - Gynecologist
- Dr. George Georgiou - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Dr. Nicos Zottis - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Dr. Anthi Pitta-Chrysanthou - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Dr. Marios Televantos - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Dr. Stelios Tsangarides - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Dr. Andreas Ioannidis - Plastic Surgeon
- Dr. Antonis Efthimiou - Anesthesiologist
- Dr. Foulidou Anna - Anesthesiologist
- Dr. Antonis Sokratous - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Dr. Sofia Frakala - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Mrs. Eleni Kyamidou - Embryologist
- Mrs. Christina Nikolaidou - Embryologist
- Dr. Avgi Gregoriou - Anesthesiologist